How much does it cost?
We want the emphasis to be on the individual to fund their own scooter so there is ZERO cost to you the employer. However, should you want to get involved in part funding their scooter hire or helping out with the training/safety equipment costs then you are more than welcome! Full details of costs are laid out further down this page.
Hire and Training Costs
The scooter hire is £39 per week for a 110cc bike.
The weekly scooter hire price includes:
- The scooter
- Road tax
- Scheduled maintenance and oil
- A snake lock and disc lock to keep your scooter safe
- Ongoing support from Wheels to Work HQ
Compulsory Basic Training
Rider safety is our priority and we want to ensure that they are trained and fully equipped to manage their scooter on the road. Our Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) course costs £135 which they can choose to pay for up front or split over your first few weeks’ initial hire. Completion of CBT is a requirement prior to leaving on one of our scooters. Click here to find out more about CBT.
Easy way to Pay
We have an easy way to pay to get your staff member on the scheme:
1) Upfront CBT payment – e.g. 110cc bike at £39 per week hire
- At time of booking they pay £135 CBT cost
- Upon collecting their scooter we will require 2 week’s hire cost in advance i.e. £78
- On the road price = £213
- Weekly payment from week 1 onwards = £39
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
As well as training it is important that all riders have all the necessary safety gear required to protect them whilst on the road. They will need:
- A safety helmet
- Padded gloves
- Heavy duty padded jacket; and a
- High visibility vest
A helmet and jacket can each cost as little as £70 each and gloves £20